- The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks
- A HTML is which stands for Hypertext Markup Language, is the main markup language for web pages used for practically every site.
- A domain name is the address for the site that is simple for people to use and type on their computer.
- You can buy domain names by simply googling ‘cheap domains.’ When I did this I found that people sold domains for as cheap as £3 and others were £20.
- You can do a lot of things with a domain name but the main thing is to make it simple and relevant to your site, as well as it being easy to remember.
A domain extension is the little bit of text at the end of the domain name e.g. .com .co.uk and .org they normally show the different designs of a site. Like .com is commercial and used worldwide. Where as .org is for organisations and trading businesses.
Web hosting is a kind of Internet hosting service providing you with websites under a certain category.
You pay for what you get with it and you can get free hosting but it is very limited and has a lot of advertisements. Limited bandwidth and you might not be able to upload videos but if you pay a fee of £5 (in some cases) you could have unlimited options.
Copyright is huge on websites and you could be sued for any copyright infringement. Even if it is harmlessly using an image you found on the web.
Domain names are also thought over and in some cases large businesses have one battles where someone with equal rights to have that domain name have had it taken away from them.
Even though talk talk (£6.99) are £2.51 cheaper a month than virgin media they only give you broadband and phone connection with a limited 40gb of downloads a month. Where as Virgin (£9.50) cost a little bit more they have all that and T.V with unlimited downloads.
Once you have found a service provider, explain how you would upload your site. The typical way to upload your website (which is actually a collection of files and folders) to your hosting account is to use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program. An FTP program gives you an easy way to select files on your computer's hard drive, and copy them over to your hosting account (which is just like another computer). An FTP program will have two main ‘windows’ one that shows the files and folders located on your computer, and one that shows the files and folders in your hosting account on the server. To upload your webpage (or website's files) and other associated image files to your hosting account, you have to select the files and folders you want to upload from your computer in your computer window, and then ‘drag and drop’ them over to the server window, essentially copying them to the server.